shallots, finely chopped
garlic clove, finely chopped
carrots, cut into 1/4 inch thich slices
zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
button mushrooms, sliced
dry white wine
grated parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add remaining vegetables (you may want to wait until the end when you mix the veg with the sauce to add the peas if you are using frozen) and saute until crisp tender (don't over cook).
- Remove the veg from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the wine to the hot skillet and let boil until reduced by half.
- Add the cream and simmer until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the reserved veg (and the peas if you use frozen ones) and simmer until heated through.
- Stir in the cheese, parsley a dash of nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour immediately over hot, cooked pasta.