pure vanilla extract
packed light-brown sugar
old fashioned oats
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 3. In the bowl of a mixer, using a paddle attachment, combine the room temperature butter with the sugars. Beat on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 4. Set the mixer to low speed, and gradually add egg mixture to the sugar mixture- beat well.
- 5. Add flour mixture- beat just until combined.
- 6. Remove bowl. Stir in the oats and cranberries.
- 7. Cover and put dough in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2-3 hours. (Can be left longer.).
- 8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. If you only have one baking sheet, place extra dough back in refrigerator between bakings.
- 9. Shape pieces of dough into 2-tablespoon balls and place 3 inches apart on sheets.
- 10. Press with the bottom of a glass to flatten dough into 2-inch-diameter.
- 11. Bake until golden but still soft in center, 16 to 18 minutes, turning sheets halfway through for even baking.
- 12. Remove from oven; transfer with parchment to a wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.