dried whole wheat pasta
fresh kale, base of stems removed and finely chopped
1 (12 ounce) packages
cooking oil, divided
carrot, peeled and diced
green pepper, diced
2 tablespoons cooking sherry or 2 tablespoons
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and put aside, keeping warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoons Oil and 1 tablespoons Butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook Sausage, moving frequently, until well browned.
- Remove Sausage from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoons Oil to pan.
- Saute Carrots, Green Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper for 5-8 minutes or until onion becomes semi-translucent.
- While veggies are cooking, slice Sausages into rounds.
- Add Sausage rounds for last minute of veggies.
- Add 2 tablespoons Butter.
- Add chopped Kale and saute for 2-3 minutes or until Kale takes on a nice deep green color (Do Not Cook Until Wilted!).
- Add Vegetable Broth and Sherry or White Wine.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to low.
- Add Pasta.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve while hot.