( I like to use Bread with nuts and seeds in it)
Whiskey Sauce Recipe
1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- I like to serve it with a whiskey Sauce: Cook together for just a few minutes, VERY GOOD.