2 cups arborio rice (12 to 13 ounces) or 2 cups
medium grain rice
( 12 to 13 ounces)
chopped fresh parsley
butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature
chopped fresh basil
fresh lemon juice
lemon, rind of, grated
packed grated parmesan cheese, plus
grated parmesan cheese
( about 3 ounces)
fresh basil sprig
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot over high heat.
- Add rice and onion.
- Boil until rice is just tender, about 16 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Mix parsley, butter, basil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large bowl.
- Add hot rice mixture, stir to melt butter.
- Add reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and 1 cup cheese; stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.