( 1 3/4 lb)
pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Put a jellyroll pan on the bottom rack of the pre-heated oven.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, sugar and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut fibrous exterior stem off broccoli. Cut stem into 1" pieces.
- Cut florets into large pieces.
- Toss cut broccoli with oil and spice mixture, coating all pieces evenly.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove pan from oven and place flat ends of broccoli on pan, working quickly.
- Return pan to oven and cook for 9-11 minutes.