( whipping cream)
parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
( or to taste)
- Heat the cream in a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium-low heat, make sure the pan is big enough to hold the pasta you will be adding the sauce to.
- When the cream just begins to bubble, add the cajun seasoning and stir.
- When the cream begins to bubble again add the butter and stir it in as it melts, whisk or stir until the butter is incorporated.
- Bring the mixture just to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and add the cheese a little at a time, stirring as you add it.
- When all the cheese is incorporated, strain your pasta and add immediately to the sauce and stir to coat the noodles.
- Serve quickly.