1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons
salt & pepper
1 1/2 lbs
- 1. Place garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme on a cutting surface adn use a large knife to chop together until mixed.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a large ziplock bag. Add soy sauce and oil; seal and press bag gently to combine ingredients.
- 3. Place steak in the bag and seal. Turn several times to coat meat.
- 4. Refrigerate, turning several times, for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- 5. To cook meat: preheat broiler to high and arrange rack 6 inches from heat source. Remove meat from bag and pat dry; discard marinade. Broil on a broiling pan for 7 minutes. Turn meat over and broil 5 to 7 minutes longer. To check for doneness, test with the tip of a sharp knife. If juices run red, broil 1 to 2 minutes longer, until instant-read thermometer reads 140 degrees F (for medium rare). Let steak rest for 10 minutes. Working against the grain, cut into thin slices with a knife.