8 slices country bread or 2 slices
hearty raisin-pecan bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
1 tablespoon apricot preserves or 1 tablespoon
8 slices prosciutto or 2 slices
blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup madeira wine or 1 cup
fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon black pepper or 1/8 teaspoon
- To make EACH sandwich, spread 1 slice of bread with preserves.
- Top with 1/4 of Brie, ham, blue cheese, and then top with second slice of bread.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush top and bottom of sandwich lightly with butter; place sandwich in skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side until lightly browned and cheese begins to melt.
- Repeat for next sandwiches.
- For Lingonberry Sauce peel orange, finely chop the peel, SAVE juice.
- Put peel with wine in sauce pan and cook until reduced by one-third.
- Add juice of the orange, lemon juice, jelly, and seasoning.
- Stir until jelly is melted.
- Serve sauce with sandwich.