1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
- If using cookie sheet, prepare pan by coating lightly with butter or margarine.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, cocoa, butter and sugar.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil, then boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peanut butter until peanut butter is completely melted.
- Stir in quick oats.
- Quickly* drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper, or spread in a buttered cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool completely.
- If using cookie sheet, cut into squares to serve.
- *If you don't move quickly, cookies will set up in the pan.
- If cookies do not set, you didn't boil long enough.
- If cookies are dry, you boiled too long.