turnip, peeled and cut in half
plantain, peeled and grated
1 small carrots, cut into bite-size chunks or 1 small
potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
cabbage leaves, cut up
salt and pepper
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Add turnip and add garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add carrot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potato, cabbage, parsley and plantain, which has been grated on the large holes of your grater.
- Remove the turnip and mash it very well. You can use the blender for this.
- Return the smooth turnip puree to the soup. Add butter and achiote oil, if using.
- Serve the soup when the potatoes are cooked through.