1 (14 ounce) packages
extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
green bell pepper, diced
red bell pepper, diced
garlic clove, minced
2 -3 tablespoons
- Saute vegetables in the vegetable oil until the onion is soft and starting to color and the peppers are starting to brown or to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the veg from the pan and add a little more oil and the tofu. Season with the spike seasoning if desired.
- Cook until it is brown on all sides.
- Return the veg to the pan and add the garlic. I like to add it here so it doesn't burn. Cook and stir until it starts to color slightly.
- Add the BBQ sauce and 1/2 the water; stir well.
- I like to hold back on adding all the water until it all starts sticking to the bottom and I feel like I need it to help keep it moving.
- You want to cook it until the sauce thickens and reduces a little.