dried yellow split peas
celery ribs, chopped
garlic clove, minced
red onion, finely chopped
- In large bowl, soak peas in 6 cups water for 12 hours or up to 24 hours. Drain and Rinse. Place in slow cooker.
- Add 6 cups water, ham bone, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, about 6 hours.
- Discard hambone and bay leaf.
- Mix red onions with vinegar.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with spoonfuls of onion mixture.