Italian sausage, casings removed
garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 ounce) cans
( chopped or sliced)
green bell pepper, chopped
dry red wine
salt and pepper
fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute and crumble Italian sausage until no longer pink.
- Drain sausage well on paper towels and pour off all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan.
- Saute until translucent.
- Return sausage to pan; add beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, wine, basil, and oregano.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, 40-60 minutes.
- Add tortellini and cook until tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.