3 cups basmati rice or 3 cups
long grain rice
- Wash the rice in cold water, then drain and place in a large bowl. Add about 8 cups of warm water. Allow to sit for 2-3 hours, covered.
- After the rice has soaked, drain and reserve 6 cups of the water in a medium saucepan.
- Boil water, then add rice and salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, then remove from heat and drain.
- Cover the bottom of the saucepan with vegetable oil, add the rice, then add 2 more tbsp vegetable oil on top.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until rice is done.