1 1/4 cups
1 (10 ounce)
creme de menthe baking chips
( recommended -- Andes)
creme de menthe thin candies, Shaved
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 13x9 by 2 inch pan.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, mixing well.
- In separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder.
- Gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Fold in mint chips.
- Spoon into greased pan.
- Bake for 35 minute.
- While brownies are baking prepare frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting:
- Place melted butter in large mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth. if necessary add additional milk.
- Remove Pan from oven and allow brownies to cool in pan on wire rack.
- Spread with frosting.
- Top with shaved mint thins.