( 1.5 pounds, 3 cups)
( equals 5 to 6 cups mashed)
( add more sugar for a sweeter jam)
5 -6 teaspoons
( follow pectin instructions on package)
- Dice rhubarb and place in pan over medium heat with 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Slice strawberries in quarters and then mash slightly. Measure out 5 to 6 cups of mashed berries and add to pan with rhubarb.
- Stir. Let mixture come to a boil.
- In separate bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar and 5 teaspoons pectin.
- Add sugar/pectin mixture to the strawberry and rhubarb pan.
- Stir together and let come to a boil - turn down heat and let cook for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. Recipe makes six 8oz. jars.
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Submerge sealed jars into hot water at 200 degrees (or boiling) for 10 minutes. You will hear a "pop" sound once jars are removed from water - that is when the lids are sealed. Let cool on your kitchen counter.