1 1/4 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour
quick-cooking rolled oats
Splenda sugar substitute
( or sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups enriched soymilk, plain or 1 1/2 cups
about 5 tablespoons almond oil or
corn oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon cider or 1/2 teaspoon
white wine vinegar
slivered almonds, roasted
- Whisk together flour, oats, Splenda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together soy milk, 3 tablespoons oil, eggs, almond extract and vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and whisk just until mixed.
- Fold in almonds.
- Use some remaining oil to lightly grease a large skillet or griddle pan, and heat over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Brown each cake on both sides, flipping once, and using more oil as necessary.