( medium sized)
lean ground turkey
garlic cloves, chopped
dry barbecue seasoning
14 1/2 ounces
KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400* Farenheit.
- Combine rice and water in a medium pot, set on high, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer (set your timer for 15 minutes).
- Cut peppers into quarters and remove seeds. Place on a microwave safe plate and cook on high in microwave about 3 minutes (depending on your microwave) till just tender. set aside.
- Place ground turkey in hot high sided frying pan and begin to brown, breaking up to smaller pieces while cooking.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add onions, peppers and spices. Continue to cook om medium-high till onions are tender, add the stewed tomatoes, breaking up large pieces with your hands.Stir to combine with the turkey/onion/spice mixture, reduce heat.
- Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Place the green peppers on the bottom of a casserole (or lasagna pan).
- pour meat mixture over top, even out with a spoon and top with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and bake till cheese is just melted (about 5 minutes)
- (very good served with salsa and/or reduced fat sour cream on the side).