romaine lettuce, chopped,washed,and dried
2 (11 ounce) cans
mandarin oranges, drained
long stem green onions, finely chopped
red wine vinegar
red pepper flakes
fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the Romaine, drained oranges, and chopped onions.
- Heat sugar and almonds in a pan over medium heat until sugar melts and coats almonds; stir and heat until almonds are slightly brown.
- Turn onto plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake vigorously.
- Pour salad dressing over lettuce mixture; toss.
- Sprinkle with sugared almonds.