white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons
fresh ground black pepper
( chopped in 1/4 inch dice)
finely chopped fresh thyme leave
fingerling potato, washed
4 (6 ounce)
salt and pepper
flour, for dusting
( plus 2 tablespoons water, beaten, for egg wash)
panko bread crumbs, processed into fine crumbs
( or fresh dried white breadcrumbs)
( for frying)
fresh minced parsley
- Potato Salad:.
- Prepare the marinade; in a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Whisk until well blended; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, garlic, thyme and salt.
- Cover with enough water and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook about 8 minutes, or until just done. (Do not overcook).
- Strain and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Slice into 1/4-inch-thick round slices.
- Add to the reserved marinade for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F in a heavy, deep saucepan.
- To prepare schnitzel:
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour; dip in egg wash.
- Coat with panko or breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place one cutlet on each of four dinner plates.
- Garnish with lemon sections.
- In a sauté pan over high heat, warm the marinated potatoes for about 30 seconds.
- Divide onto the four prepared plates.