( poached & flaked)
1 -2 tablespoon
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Mash well with 1 Tablespoon of the butter and mix in the salmon, parsley, chives and lemon zest.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, divide into 8 portions and shape into cakes.
- Fry in 2 Tablespoons butter mixed with oil until golden brown on each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve as a starter on a bed of lettuce with soured cream and chive dressing or as a main course garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.