celery ribs, chopped
garlic clove, crushed
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock or 2 1/2 cups
1 1/4 cups
1 1/2 cups blue Stilton cheese (plus extra to garnish) or 1 1/2 cups dolcelatte (plus extra to garnish) or 1 1/2 cups
( plus extra to garnish)
walnut halves, roughly chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
celery leaves, chopped
( to garnish)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute the shallots, celery and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until softened.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Gradually stir in the stock and milk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and add the crumbled blue Stilton cheese and walnut halves.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and heat for 2 minutes without boiling.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a warm soup tureen or individual serving bowls, garnish with chopped celery leaves and extra crumbled blue Stilton cheese, and serve immediately.