grated orange zest
( from 3 oranges)
boneless skinless chicken breasts
( about 1.5 pounds)
red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
garlic cloves, minced
grated fresh ginger
red pepper flakes
scallions, sliced thin
- Whisk hoisin, orange zest and juice in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 T. oil in large nonstick skillet over med-hi heat until just smoking. Cook half of the chicken until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with another 1 T. oil and rest of chicken.
- Add remaining oil and bell pepper to empty skillet. Cook over medium heat until just softened, about 3 minutes. Clear center of skillet. Add garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook, mashing garlic mixture into pan, until fragrant about 30 seconds. Stir garlic mixture into bell pepper.
- Add hoisin mixture and simmer until sauce has thickened, 3- 5 minutes. Add scallions and chicken, along with any accumulated juices and toss to combine.