of good-quality white bread, crusts removed
( for frying)
300 g peeled cooked shrimp (fresh is best) or 300 g
( fresh is best)
2 -3 tablespoons
finely chopped fresh dill
( and extra for garnishing)
100 -150 g
( bleak or whitefish)
one lemon, quartered
- Melt the butter on a frying pan and sauté the bread slices on both sides until golden. Place on a kitchen paper to drain excess fat.
- Drain the shrimps, cut into smaller pieces (optional; I left them whole, as they look prettier).
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard and dill, fold in the shrimps. Taste for seasoning - if necessary, add some salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the bread slices.
- Garnish with a large spoonful of caviar and some dill. Serve with a lemon quarter.