grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Bake the potatoes as per your personal preference- I bake them in the oven for about an hour, until the skins are firm and the centres are soft. You may like to smear with butter, sprinkle with salt and wrap in foil.
- Towards the end of the potatoes' cooking time, heat the baked beans in a pan on the stove, until hot.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, cut into quarters without cutting the whole way through. Squeeze the outside of each quarter to "pucker up" the flesh.
- Pour the desired amount of baked beans over the potato and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve!