boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
garlic cloves, minced
cilantro, finely chopped
kalamata olives, pitted
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat; add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter, garlic, saffron, and cilantro; cook another 10 minutes, stirring, to be sure garlic and spices evenly coat the chicken.
- Add water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in olives and lemon juice; simmer 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve over couscous or rice.