1 3/4 cups
- Mix together the flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until blended.
- In a separate small bowl mix the water, almond extract, and egg yolk.
- Using a fork mix together the wet and dry ingredients into a dough.
- Knead until smooth.
- Wrap the ball well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and press with your thumb down into the cookie molds or small tart molds.
- Press so that the dough is all of the way up the side of the molds.
- Prick the unbaked tarts with a fork to keep them from puffing up and deforming during baking.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool cookies in molds on a wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully removing to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container until served.