1 1/2 cups
chopped peeled pears
grated lemon, rind of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the sugar and oil in a large bowl and beat well with an electric mixer for best results.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat into the sour cream mixture in 2 lots.
- Stir in pears, pecans and lemon peel.
- Scrape into loaf pan and level off the top.
- Bake for 1 hour and test with a toothpick in the center.
- If done, remove and let cool on a rack for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack and cool completly.