2 -4 lbs
premium quality fresh chicken livers
fine sea salt
( recommended flavor enhancer)
pre-sifted all-purpose flour
( Recipe #453973)
RECOMMENDED FRYING OIL (I USE PEANUT OIL)
vegetable oil or
pure vegetable shortening
- MARINATE chicken livers at least 2 hours in refrigerator, in blended BRINE ingredients: 4 cups cold water, 1 tablespoon fine sea salt, 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning; COVER; TURN chicken livers periodically with tongs during marination.
- MEASURE 2 cups flour and 6 level tablespoons Bulk K F C Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat) (one batch without added flour) into a large sealable container, such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc bag.
- SHAKE container and mix well.
- REMOVE chicken from brine with tongs; RINSE or soak chicken in very warm water.
- PLACE a few pieces breaded livers at a time into the SEASONED FLOUR mixture container; SEAL container firmly; SHAKE gently in all motions to thoroughly coat livers.
- PLACE breaded pieces on a wire rack when livers are evenly and generously breaded.
- ALLOW chicken livers to rest and absorb the breading for a few minutes before frying.
- PREHEAT the manufacturer's recommended amount frying oil in your deep-fryer between to 315°F (OR) preheat enough fat to immerse chicken completely in deep heavy stovetop pot to 315°F (use a deep-fryer thermometer to gauge).
- ADD breaded chicken livers to the elevated fry basket in deep-fryer without crowding; LOWER the basket slowly into the hot oil; TURN livers only once midway, frying until golden brown and fully cooked, about 10-12 minutes. DRAIN on a wire rack over a paper towel-lined baking sheet; TRANSFER rack over a baking sheet and keep chicken livers warmed in a preheated 170°F oven until serving.
- SERVE and enjoy!