( e.g. raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries, (hulled and left whole if small, halv)
1 tablespoon kirsch (optional) or 1 tablespoon
other eau de vie
white bread, each slice torn into quarters
unsalted butter, softened
brown sugar, packed
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss fruit gently with sugar, kirsch (if using), and salt in medium nonreactive bowl and transfer to 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan.
- Pulse bread, butter, sugar, and cinnamon in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about ten 1-second pulses.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over fruit and bake until crumbs are deep golden brown and fruit is hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes and serve.