garlic cloves, peeled
1 (28 ounce) cans
whole canned tomatoes
crushed red pepper flakes
coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
kosher salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook slowly until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes, careful not to burn.
- Add tomatoes and their juices (do this carefully to keep oil from spattering), red pepper flakes, and salt and peper to taste.
- Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, breaking up tomatoes into small pieces with the side of a wooden spoon.
- Cook unitl sauce thickens, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a service dish, and garnish with parsley.