1 (1/4 ounce) package
( 100-120 degrees)
garlic cloves, minced
( 3/4 tsp)
dried rosemary, crushed
- Combine yeast with warm water, let sit about 10 mins until yeast has completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour, sugar, salt, rosemary and garlic.
- When yeast is dissolved, on low speed, slowly add yeast and oil to dry ingredients.
- Work on low speed until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the bowl.
- Turn mixer to med speed and knead dough for 10 mins.
- Cover dough with damp towel, let sit until dough rises (about 1 hr).
- When dough has risen, punch down dough once then transfer to floured surface. Knead by hand 5-6 times then cut in half.
- Roll one half of dough out to 1/8 inch thickness then transfer to greased pizza pan.
- Brush dough with oil (i prefer to use butter with a bit of garlic and rosemary, to taste instead of the oil).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 425 for 20 more minutes.