1 (11 ounce) cans
Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks
( 12 breadsticks)
ketchup, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks.
- With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick lengthwise and crosswise into 4 pieces, making a total of 48 pieces of dough.
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to resemble "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog.
- About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for face.
- Place wrapped hot dogs on ungreased large cookie sheet; spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
- With mustard, draw features on “face.".
- Makes: 12 sandwiches.
- Kitchen Tips:.
- Just for fun, to create Hot Dog Mummies on Sticks, push a flat wooden stick with rounded ends into the end of each hot dog before wrapping it in the dough.