garlic cloves, peeled and minced
( yukon gold, or russet)
yellow pepper, sliced 1/8-inch thick
red pepper, sliced 1/8-inch thick
Tomatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
Spanish onion, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1 1/2 teaspoons
black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Peel and slice the potatoes 1/8-inch to 1/16-inch thick (6 cups).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Dribble 1 tablespoon olive oil into a 2-quart rectangular or oval baking dish 14 x 8 x 2 and scatter 1/4 of the minced garlic over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the vegetables in layers, starting with potatoes and peppers, finishing with tomatoes and onion.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic, and oregano between each layer.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over the surface and bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until fork tender.