3 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
torn dry bread, pieces
( French Bread is best)
dried apricot halves, quartered
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon
margarine, cut up
maple syrup, heated
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl combine bread pieces, apricots, and currants.
- Place in a greased 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Pour milk mixture over bread mixture and press bread with the back of a spoon to soak up milk.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsps.
- sugar, and cardamom.
- Sprinkle over top of pudding.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 325ºF for 55 to 60 minutes, or until it tests clean.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.