hot banana pepper
unsweetened apple juice
1 3/4 ounces
- Sterilize jars per manufacturers instructions.
- Wash peppers and remove stems. Chop peppers in batches in your food-processor with equal parts of the vinegar. Process until chopped very fine.
- and place in a large bowl with a tight fitting lid. When all pepper are chopped and vinegar has ben used up, add the apple juice,stir and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- To make jelly: Strain juice through a jelly-bag or several layers of cheesecloth. Measure out exactly 4 cups of juice. If needed, add enough apple juice to make 4 cups.
- Place juice, salt and surejel in a large non reactive pan and bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down (stirring constantly). Add sugar and bring to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Pour into hot sterilized jars, adjust caps and process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.