12 1/2 inches
thick slices baguette, cut on the diagonal, Apprx 3-inch length each
virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 (106 g) cans
boneless skinless sardines
( packed in water)
onions, very thin cut separated into rings
fresh lemon juice
capers, well drained
jalapenos, finely chopped
- Brush each slice of bread, both sides lightly with olive oil or spray lightly with "No Oil".
- Place slices under the broiler for apprx 1 minute each side or until the slices area very light brown.
- Place the slices on a large platter and evenly distribute the finely chopped garlic on top of each slice.(or if you are not really a garlic lover just rub each slice with a clove of garlic).
- Carefully remove the sardines from the cans trying not to break the filets.
- Sprinkle sardines with lemon juice.
- Top the baquette slices with the sardine filets.
- Place a couple of rings of onion on top then 3 capers on each.
- Finally sprinkle on the finely chopped Jalapenos.
- Garnish the platter with some parsley & Lemon wedges.
- Serve & enjoy.