1 1/3 cups
semisweet chocolate morsels
- Put heavy cream in top of a double boiler.
- Add sugar.
- Place over boiling water and scald (i.e., heat almost to boiling).
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Beat egg yolks and gradually beat them into the hot chocolate cream mixture.
- Place top of double boiler over boiling water again and cook, stirring constantly, until well thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and then pour into 6-8 small custard cups (1/2 cup size).
- When cool, place in refrigerator to chill before serving.