fresh chicken wings
( about 3 pounds)
cherry tomatoes, as garnish
carrot, cut in sticks,as garnish
celery, cut in sticks,as garnsih
blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- Line a large broiler pan with a rack with foil in the bottom to catch drippings.
- Set oven rack to 3-4" from the heat source and turn on your broiler.
- Cut each wing into three pieces- a mini drummette, a bent wing portion, and a pointy wing tip- discard the wing tips.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl, then dump in chicken and mix to coat well.
- Set chicken pieces onto the broiler rack, reserving the sauce in the bowl.
- Broil for 12 minutes, then turn over the chicken and brush with reserved sauce.
- Broil another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Set cooked chicken in a mound on a platter.
- Surround the chicken with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and a small dish of blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Note: If you want to use frozen chicken wings instead, don't thaw them.
- Count out 30 frozen, precut wing parts and coat them with the sauce.
- Bake (instead of broiling) in the lined broiler pan at the temperature suggested on the chicken wing package for the time indicated for that amount of chicken on your package- this will probably be longer than the time for broiling from fresh.
- Brush with the reserved sauce halfway through the baking time.
- Garnish as indicated above.