potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
salt, to taste
1 (13 ounce) cans
( or use half-and-half cream)
- Cut leeks in half lengthwise, wash and thinly slice.
- In large pan lightly sauté leeks in butter. Add potatoes. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer gently for about 20-30 minutes, until all vegetables are soft. Put contents in blender or processor and purée.
- Add evaporated milk (or cream) and adjust salt and pepper for seasoning. (Also adjust the consistency of the soup, adding a little more of chicken stock if it is too thick).
- Serve warm with garlic or herb flavored crutons, or toasted bread slices.