pine nuts, toasted
baby carrots, halved
( Earth Balance Spread)
dry marsala wine
parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread Pine nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, and watching very carefully as they will burn very easily. Remove from the oven when browned and fragrant.
- Cut baby carrots in half cross-wise. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, carrots, salt, and 1 tablespoon of Earth Balance Butter. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer very lightly for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
- Return pan to the stove over medium heat, and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter. Cook shallots in the melted butter, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add Marsala and Agave, and stir continually until it is completely dissolved. Continue simmering until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Once thickened, toss carrots and toasted pine nuts with the sauce until well coated. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- By: Chef Travis W. Holland.