2 -3 cups leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake mix or 2 -3 cups muffins or 2 -3 cups
1 (16 ounce) cans
( about 2 cups)
2 1/2 cups
4 (1 ounce) packages
instant butterscotch pudding mix
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for top.
- Divide remaining crumbs into four portions; sprinkle one portion into the bottom of a trifle bowl or 3 quart serving bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, spices, milk and pudding mixes; mix until smooth.
- Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- Whip cream until stiff, spoon half into bowl.
- Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then last portion of crumbs and remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs around top, around edge of bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.