tomatoes, chopped, juice reserved
onion, roughly chopped
garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- put rice in a large bowl and pour in boiling water to cover,stir once,let stand for 10 min.rinse under cold water and drain,set aside to dry.
- blend the tomatoes and juice together with onion and garlic in a blender until smooth.
- heat oil in a pan,cook the rice over medium heat until golden brown,stir occasionally.
- add tomato mixture and stir until all the liquid is absorbed,stir in the stock,salt,whole chiles and peas.continue to cook the mixture,stir occasionally until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is just tender.
- remove the pan from heat,cover and let stand for 5-10 min.remove the chiles,fluff up the rice and serve,sprinkle with black pepper,the chiles may be used as a garnish.