cooked orzo pasta
crumbled goat cheese
crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
- 1. Cut tops of tomatoes and scoop out the insides. Set tomatoes aside.
- 2. Cook orzo as directed
- 3. Finely chop the shallots and sauté in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4. Brown Pancetta in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 5. Finely chop parsley (remove all stems).
- In large mixing bowl add:.
- cooked and drained orzo, sautéed shallots, pancetta, parsley, goat cheese, parmesan, red pepper, thyme, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, zest and juice from one lemon. Mix all ingredients together.
- Stuff each tomato with mixture.
- I make this ahead and put it on the grill when my guests arrive - easy entertaining!
- Grill on medium heat for 12 minutes (top rack). Make sure the tomatoes are cooked through. Don't be afraid to char them a bit - it just adds flavor.