( 93% lean)
garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 (6 ounce) cans
1 (7 3/4 ounce) cans
Mexican tomato sauce
head cabbage, shredded
sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic until beef no longer pink.
- Stir in rice.
- In a large bowl, mix tomato products and spices with water.
- Pour 2 cups of tomato mixture into beef mixture. and stir.
- In a 13 x 9 pan (coated with veggie spray) layer 1/3 of cabbage then 1/2 meat mixture.
- Repeat layers (ending with cabbage).
- Pour tomato mixture evenly on top and bake covered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.