Italian sausage, casings removed
garlic cloves, minced
ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups
3 1/2 cups
parmesan cheese, grated
fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the garlic, onion, zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat.
- Add 3 cups of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock.
- Simmer, stirring often, until moist and creamy, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, parmesan and parsley.