salt and pepper
fresh chives, very thinly sliced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the shallots in the butter. Season with salt.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently until the shallots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Purée in batches in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and egg yolks. Pour the mixture into the soup in a thin stream, stirring constantly.
- Reheat the soup over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Do not allow to boil. Cook until slightly thickened. Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh chives.