vermicelli mung bean noodles
( These are made out of green mung bean, and are dry white noodles you will find in the asian aisle at)
2 -3 lbs
egg roll wrap
( enough for approx 50 egg rolls)
- Take egg roll wrappers out of the freezer and let thaw for an hour before starting.
- Fill a medium size bowl with luke warm water, place the package of Vermicelli Mung Bean noodles in it to soften.
- In another medium size bowl add 2-3 pounds of ground pork, 1 pound of ground shrimp, 4 finely shredded medium size carrots, 1/2 onion chopped, 1 tablespoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 heaping Tablespoon of sugar.
- Seperate the 3 eggs, yolks into a small bowl, and the whites to the meat mixture.
- Drain water out of mung bean noodles (they should be pliable) and add to the meat mixture.
- Mix ingredients throughly. (This is best done by hand like meatloaf.).
- Beat the eggs yolks you placed into a small bowl until mixed.
- Seperate your egg roll wrapper, and place 2-3 tablespoons of filling onto wrapper, follow rolling instructions on package for proper shape.
- To seal egg roll at the last fold dip your finger or pastry brush into egg yolk and smear a little on the last fold. Then finish rolling egg roll.
- Continue to make all egg rolls before frying.
- Heat a small pot with approx 3 cups of oil. Heat on high until just about smoking, then turn down to medium heat.
- Place a few egg rolls in the oil and cook about 8 minutes and then flip over and cook another 8 minutes. They should be a darker golden brown in color.
- Remove from oil and let oil drain on a paper towel.