sweet rice wine
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or 1 tablespoon
fresh snow peas
red bell pepper
bean sprouts, rinsed
roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small pan and whisk over low heat until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Trim the asparagus and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut snow peas into thirds after pulling the strings.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes (time it!).
- Add the snow peas and cook another 30 seconds, then drain immediately in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Pat the vegetables dry and put into a bowl.
- Cut the pepper into 1/4 inch slices and slice the mushrooms thinly.
- Toss the pepper and mushrooms with the asparagus, peas, and bean sprouts as well as 3 tbs of dressing, then refrigerate.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, break the soba noodles into halves or thirds, and cook until tender.
- Drain and rinse.
- Toss the noodles with the vegetable mix and the remaining dressing, then refrigerate for 15 minutes to let the flavors blend and the noodles absorb some of the dressing.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve.